I started working on this fabulous applique quilt in late spring. I’m hoping to teach it as a six-part class this fall. I should finish the applique prep this week. I still have LOTS of stitching to finish. Here are some pictures of the process.
I stitched the stem and leaves for my first block. Then I started adding “stuff.”I ended up with this. I decided the vase fabric wasn’t right so I changed it…
…to this. Not a huge difference but I like it.
Trying out some leaves for my second block.
Prepping Karen K Buckley Perfect Circles. 🙂
From the pattern……to the fabric.
Here are the bones for the Bride block.I pinned her parts together. Remember paper dolls?? I used an Amy Butler fabric for her pinafore.
More stuff got added. There’s lot of stuff in this quilt. HAHAHAAlmost ready to stitch her together. I really don’t like sticking pins in her.
She got moved to the small foam board mat. I thought about removing her pantaloons but decided to leave them.Here she is all stitched up! She does have a face! I’ll show you in the next post.
Same process for the 4th block. I stitched the stem and glued down the leaves.I prepped all the pieces.And here’s the final block.And here are all four of them on my sewing room floor. We will talk more about that hexie sashing later. 🙂
I have finished prepping the borders, the sashing posts and three of the four corner blocks. I’ll post more about those in the next couple of weeks. Follow me on Instagram @kathleenbaden for progress reports.
I’m hoping to start teaching it in September. Let me know if you are interested in joining this fabulous craziness!